Friday, February 18, 2011

"Going Home"

Today I finished a piece that I have been working in for a month or 2. It started out with me just going nuts with color, spattering blues, pinks, and greens all over the place. Then I prepainted a bunch of kraft paper with different hues, cutting out cloud shapes, and placing them in a very weighted fashion, mostly on the bottom left. Then I began work on subtracting the weight from that corner, and bringing the focus to the top right. Then I let it sit. I let the 3/4 finished painting sit in the corner of my office for almost a month. I did about 10 paintings before I came back to it this morning. I added 3 angels. Done.

Why did I wait a whole month to paint 3 angels? I dunno.

It's all about timing I guess.

3 weeks ago it may have been a 7-armed robot...

It's all about timing.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment